Sunday, December 15, 2013

Davis Christmas

I absolutely love my sister and her sweet family.

Her three amazing children, are my second, third and fourth children. I claim them as my own. 

Brooklyn, my precious girl, the most compassionate and loving girl. She is a hard worker, she can see a need and meet it, she serves, loves, cares, comforts and smiles like no other. She has a contagious laugh and her smile brightens her entire face. And as drop dead gorgeous as she is on the outside, her spirit and inner beauty is even more gorgeous. She is an earthly angel. I love and adore my little Miss.

Brigham is in a league of his own when it comes to loving. He is as sweet as can be. He is gentle. He is soft. He feels with everything in his whole heart. His hugs are a breath of fresh air and can lighten a load. He is a strong warrior. He is determined and fierce yet has a heart of gold. He tugs at my heart strings. And I love when I can get that amazing smile to stretch across his face. I love the way his eyes light up when he talks about animals and football. He is precious to me. 
Talmage, my little cuddle buddy brings peace and smiles to my heart. He makes me feel wanted and needed. To him, sitting on the couch and cuddling is the greatest thing I can do. I do not know how I would have survived the last couple of years without him. He gives me a purpose. He makes the long days bearable. To him, I am enough. All that matters is that I sit and cuddle. A bag of Oreos, a movie, a comfy blanket, and me and him on the couch, is just as great as a day at Disneyland for him. I'm in no rush. I feel no guilt. I relax. I soak in every moment. He has been one of my tenderest of mercies during this trial. Talmage is joy and spunk and hope and love.

Then there is my sister. If I have a hard time explaining my love for her sweet and precious children, then there are no words to express my love for my dear sister. 

Jodi has been one of my greatest blessings in my life since the day she was born. I will never forget praying for a sister for years. I couldn't wait for my mom to go into labor and find out if I finally was going to get my sister after three brothers (whom I love). I remember the phone call like it was yesterday. My dad called from the hospital to tell me I had a little sister. I remember the feeling clearly still; the excitement, jumping up and down and dying to get to hold her. The moment I first held her, I felt like every childhood dream had come true. 

As the years went on, my love for her grew. I changed her diaper, I fed her, I pretended she was my daughter, I rushed home from school to be with her, and I spent every moment with her that I could. As she grew, she went on dates with me, to school, to BYU and was my sidekick and bestest buddy. 

I have loved having her in my life. She is my best friend. She is my sister. My confidant. My shoulder to cry on. My support and sounding board. I love that we have both figured out motherhood together. And I am so grateful she loves my boy. 

I never thought that Jodi would end up being the one to take care of me. I was the "caregiver" per se. I always strived to take care of her. But the roles have reversed the last couple of years. My sweet little sister, the one I mothered, is now taking care of me. 

Jodi has loved me, comforted me, served me, cared for me, made me smile, let me cry, been my advocate at drs, distracted me and been there for me. 

There are no words to express my gratitude and love. I love my sister. My Father in Heaven knew how much I would need her. I am grateful for my sweet sister each and every day of my life. 

No comments: